I hope you are having a great summer.
Our next Anchorage Modern Quilting Group meeting is Monday, August 17th at 7:00pm at Seams Like Home Quilt Shoppe located at 2153 E. 88th Avenue (near the Carrs on Abbott). Arrive early to shop in case our meeting runs long!!!
- Show and Tell - bring your latest quilting projects finished or unfinished
- Bee Blocks - two 12” finished blocks for each member of the bee. So far we have started blocks for Carol (blocks with provided stripe fabric), Karen (Buckeye Beauty blocks with provided white fabric), PJ (anything goes) and Carrie (anything goes). If you have a block pattern in mind, bring it along and we’ll get started making blocks for you. How does the bee work? Make blocks for each member of the bee and then the others will make blocks for you - it’s a great way to get a unique quilt top.
- If you have a modern quilt to be displayed at the quilt show in September, please bring it to the August meeting and I’ll hang it with a few of our charity quilts I have set aside to display.
Our current quarterly quilt project: Create a brown and gold quilt block of any pattern in any size due at the September meeting.
Modern Quilt Guild News:
- Pre-registration is open to MQG member for QuiltCon 2016 in Pasadena. MQG members received the invite in their email; you can see the course catalog here: http://quiltconwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/QuiltCon-2016-Catalog-LR.pdf
- The QuiltCon 2016 Triangle Quilt Challenge has been announced: http://quiltconwest.com/quilt-show/ez-quilting-challenge/
- Quilt Show Entries for QuiltCon are being accepted until November 30th: http://quiltconentry.com
See you in August!